Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Love You More than Chocolate - Color Dare Diamond Winner



Color My Heart Color Dare #135 - Chocolate and Champagne.  I knew I wanted to do something with chocolate...or chocolate...or chocolate.  My decision was a Chocolate Easter Bunny inside a Candy Box, which could also be used for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #248 Easter.  My attempt with the candy box seemed only appropriate to turn it into a Shaker Card.  

CTMH cardstock Chocolate, and the Paper Fundamentals-Basic Assortment Champagne was used for the entire card and distressed with Chocolate Ink.  Chocolate Bunnies "Theresa Colllins-Bunnies & Chicks", Award "Fathers Day-Fan Club" and Frame of Candy Box were all images cut with Cricut Explore with modifications made to size.  Made a label "Chocolate Bunny" using Design Center, typing text, grouping and then welding.  Getting the hang of making my own sentiments when I need something that I don't have a stamp for...I find this easier than typing on cardstock with a decorative font. Used Foam Tape for the thickness of the Candy Box, and back of the Bunny.  Then came the fun part sorting through hundreds of sequins to get the brown and champagne colors, along with teeny-weeny glitter to complete the Shaker Card...again thanks to my friend's shopping center full of surprises...and it's so close by and convenient. Also the stamped sentiment came from her collection as well...how true this sentiment may be, I don't know it's a toss-up.    

It is so much fun working with both the Color Dare Challenge and Fantabulous Cricut Challenge, and wish that anyone looking at my blog would go to their blogs and look at the Design Teams artwork and other entries...hopefully you will be inspired enough to join these challenges and future challenges.   


Photographing this card was the biggest challenge.  Must have taken a dozen pictures before I got one I could use.  First of all you can't sit the card up and show the Shaker very well because it all falls to the bottom. Then to try to shake it until you can see the full sentiment without sequins blocking some of the letters.  Now the picture taking, under home lighting there was too much glare from the plastic, outside lighting was good for better color but I had reflections of me taking a picture of the card in the picture.  So, I finally got smart and stood away from card and took at an angle so my reflections didn't exist...this picture is pretty close to the detail of the card and actual colors.     



6 comments:

Tonya W said...

So cute!!!! Love the chocolate bunny!!!!!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Thanks Tonya. I love working with the Color Dare, so different because you can do your own sketch creativity but still have a challenge with color.

G Eileen Studios said...

Love it, Sue! Great idea... And great job with the photo. Thanks for taking the Color Dare!

G Eileen Studios said...

Love it, Sue! Great idea... And great job with the photo. Thanks for taking the Color Dare!

sarahstone said...

This is so fun and clever. I love the chocolate bunny! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week.

Sarah

Cat Nowak said...

LOVE this card!!! Fabulous!!! Thank you for joining us this week with Color My Heart.