Thursday, April 30, 2015

What a Wonderful World - H2H Apr Wonderful World Winner


Heart2Heart Challenge - Apr 20, 2015 "What a Wonderful World"  

This was the song I chose for my son and our dance at his Wedding, and I thought I would use the lyrics "The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the Sky..." as my background.  I selected to use a smack down technique using a rose stamp from the CTMH Stamp Set "Floral Happiness Stamp of the Month".  CTMH ink colors used for the rainbow, from top to bottom, were Cotton Candy, Hollyhock, Sunflower, Buttercup, Seafoam, Sweet Leaf, Lagoon and Crystal Blue.  For the sheen on the background, added VersaMark on full background and used clear embossing powder and heat embossed.   

"I see trees of green, red roses too, I see them bloom for me and you..." The rose stamp was chosen for this part of the lyrics, but I didn't use red because it seemed too harsh for the soft background. Tried several rose floral designs for the focal point using Cricut Design Space and finally decided on CTMH Artfully Sent - Floral Bouquet Card, resized using Lagoon Cardstock, and then lifted design with 3D Thin Foam Tape on Sunset Cardstock and lightly applied "Wink of Stella" to soften the Floral Bouquet.  

The Sentiment was from Cricut Design Space text that I created and then printed with the Explore using Cricut Thin Point Pen "Candy Crystal" on white Cardstock and framed with Lagoon and Sunset cardstock. Using a couple of the leaf pieces from the cut-out Floral Bouquet, I applied to the corner of the Sentiment and applied "Wink of Stella".  

I had put this card on the back burner knowing I had time to think about the card before the challenge was due at the end of the month.  Getting near the deadline I had an idea of what I was going to do. However, it took a couple of attempts to do the background, even tried a bokeh technique, and three focal attempts which I have set aside in my stash in hopes that I may use for a future card.  But I finally got the card where I wanted it...and "What a Wonderful World."   

Please go to Heart2Heart and see all the inspirations from the Design Team and entries for this month's cards...and if you can make cards fast you still have some time to enter these challenges.  




4 comments:

Nikka Geers said...

I love that background. Im glad you kept going til you got it perfect. Now you got me thinking about rainbow bokeh now. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Lovely card, Suzanne! Great job creating that rainbow rose background. I had to get that stamp set but haven't used it much at all. Thanks for inspiring me to take that stamp set out to play with soon.
:) Marie

Lauren said...

This is an amazing card, I have not heard of this technique before so will have to try it! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H.

Haley D. said...

Your card is so pretty! I too am intrigued by this technique. Thanks for joining us @ H2H!