Monday, November 30, 2015

Special Delivery Happy Birthday

This was my first water coloring attempt...starting with a 12x12 White Daisy Sheet of Watercolor paper, I brushed on several soft colors from the coloring pallet and then blended them with water and set aside to dry.  When it was dry, I lightly sprayed with Pearl Mist and set aside to dry.  Now I had a background sheet that I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it.  

This card was made for Heart2Heart Challenge, dated Monday, November 16, 2015 "Wonderful Watercolors."  I referred to several You Tube Tutorials on water coloring and chose to use my new water color set from CTMH even though there were several ink and water coloring products you could use and different techniques.  


I did two different focal stamped images, the first was from CTMH Stamp Set "Candlelight Garden"...stamped the jar, masked the jar to stamp the flowers and then heat embossed in silver.  And the second attempt at watercoloring I used CTMH Stamp Set "Balloon Wishes Occasions", stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with white.

I chose my second water coloring image for this challenge, put foam on back of focal panel and glued to the other cut of the watercolored background paper.  Stamped Sentiment directly on card.

I had a rough time with watercolors...not sure I will do water colors again; but may try another ink choice for watercoloring...I definitely need practice.

Also submitted to:

The Outlawz Challenges
Sunday "CAS" Sunday, November 29.2015
Mode of transportation you'd use to travel to see family or friends for the holidays or any occasion (car, train, plane, bike, horse, dog sled, magic carpet, walk, run, sleigh)...you get the idea.
Nov Inlinkz closed - Linked in Dec


CTMH Products Unless Otherwise Specified:

Design Paper/Cardstock:
     White Daisy Watercoloring with variety of colors
     White Daisy
Inks
     Watercoloring Pallet
     Spray Mist - My Tattered Angels "Pearl"
     Foam Sheet - JoAnns
Stamp Set
     D1667 Balloon Wishes Occasions



No comments: