Sunday, December 13, 2015

I Can't Believe I Forgot your Birthday

A Belated Birthday Card for a child, and the inspiration came from the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #137.  The Sketch reminded me of a window pane and I wanted to use one of my CTMH stamps sets I had not used before "Animal Greetings Operation Smile".  Looking through the different verses for these cute crittersl, I decided on the three below in picture.  I used the Free Shapes program on Cricut Space to design the panel with the windows, cut a second to make the cardstock heavier because I was envisioning a shaker card.    

I cut several of the party decorations and adhered them to the back panel, and then covered them with vellum so that the sequins would not get caught up in the party decorations.  Since I had decided not to make a shaker card I used some Glitz Star Dust Glitter Gel from CTMH to bring in some glitter. However, the glitter gel did not come out of container steady enough so I just made streaks on each of the panels so that it appeared that snow was hitting against the windows.  

Using gypsy cardstock I decided to cut another of the party decorations that are in the window, and place them on the side panel to mimmick the ribbon and embellishments in the sketch.  Finished with adding the sentiments under the critters.  








7 comments:

Michelle said...

love the panels, card stock and of course those supper cute critters. thanks for joining us at AHSC.

Lisa said...

Pretty and cute! ...kind of reminds me of Hollywood squares...lol. But with pretty paper and colors and cute little animals instead of old actors...lol!

Jessica K said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week!

Jess - DT

Brandi said...

So sweet, I just love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

Brandi R
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Anonymous said...

Love those cute little animals...it's like Tic Tac Toe!

Melanie R said...

Sweet card... beautiful colors!

Wendy Coffman said...

This is so sweet - really soft and pretty. Thanks for playing at AHSC!