Monday, June 26, 2017

Watercoloring - H2H - June Week #5

H2H June - 5th Week 
"Watercoloring" 
Hostess: Melissa

This week's Challenge is all about "Watercoloring".   We know many of you are pretty busy with the Summer doings...but splattering water color can be such a pretty background with just a greeting.  

Join us at Heart2Heart this week and other challenges in June... Remember you have all month to create to be eligible for recognition as one of the Top 10 "Darlings".  AND if you create a project for each challenge in the month of June, you will earn a badge as an H2H Addict for Perfect Attendance. 

For additional inspiration on this Challenge hop on by to see what other Design Team members have created. Hope this gives you some inspiration and enthusiasm to link your artwork as a participant ... we look forward to your creativity.  



I tried a couple of techniques on background watercoloring, but wasn't real successful.  So I picked up a pretty detailed stamp that my daughter had given me for my birthday and thought that would make a good watercoloring project.  

Stamped image with VersaMark and then heat embossed with gold ... in fact had done a second one because the first one was missing some of the detail.  I'm not real comfortable with watercoloring and some of my watercoloring lost the detail in the flowers.  I pulled out of the garbage the first dry embossing and fussy cut and re-colored the two flowers on my original that I wasn't happy with and added with 3D Thin foam tape. 

I showed my husband my card and he said the purple flower looked like a dog...and you know what, if you look carefully enough you can see his eye, nose and mouth and floppy ear.  That was my favorite flower but since he told me it looked like a dog I couldn't see the flower anymore...lol.  

Also sent to the following Challenges

CTMH Products Unless Specified Otherwise
Cardstock 
     Gypsy, Black and White Daisy 
Stamp Set 
     Brustus Monroe "Botanical Background"
Inks/Colors
     CTMH WaterColoring Palette - Used Variety of Colors 
Other 
     3D Thin Foam Tape 






3 comments:

Michelle said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Alyson Mayo said...

I'm not seeing the dog... I'm seeing some pretty detailed watercoloring, which is TOUGH to do - and doing a nice job with it. This is a HARD challenge - glad it wasn't mine :) Congrats on trying something new!

Melanie R said...

A dog? Darrell has a great imagination, LOL! I think your card is pretty and I applaud your efforts. It takes practice to get comfortable with watercoloring.